Food and Nutrition Service
HomeMobileAbout SNAPNewsroomHelpContact USEn Espanol



Browse by Audience

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

To Apply...

To apply for benefits, or for information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, contact your local SNAP office. You can find local offices and each State's application on our national map. Local offices are also listed in the State or local government pages of the telephone book. The office should be listed under "Food Stamps," "Social Services," "Human Services," "Public Assistance," or a similar title. You can also call your State's SNAP hotline number. Most are toll-free numbers.

Please don't call us at FNS headquarters to apply. We don't handle applications for the SNAP here. The State and county offices do that. And we don't have application forms. Each State has its own application form. If your State’s form is not on the web yet, you'll need to contact your local SNAP office to request one.

On-line applications? The following States allow you to apply online. Here are their websites:

Alabama Maine Pennsylvania
Arizona Maryland Rhode Island
Arkansas Massachusetts South Carolina
California (1) Michigan Tennessee
Colorado Minnesota Texas
Delaware Montana Utah
Florida Nebraska Vermont
Georgia Nevada Virginia
Idaho New Hampshire Washington
Illinois New Jersey West Virginia
Indiana (2) New York (3) Wisconsin
Iowa North Dakota    
Kansas Ohio    
Kentucky Oregon    

Last modified: 10/24/2013

See Also
Ask the Expert
SNAP Retailer Locator